Rainy days in the suburbs are pleasurable, but rainy days in the city are invigorating. My mom and I ventured into NYC this summer (another thing that makes me extremely happy) and to my mom's displeasure it rained for the majority of the morning. But I loved it. I loved the sea of umbrellas, I tried to take an arsty picture but failed miserably. I loved the noise of sloshing puddles as taxis drove through them. I loved the increased hustle of everyone trying to get away from the droplets while I basked in them. Ok, maybe my mom were a little annoyed when our umbrella broke and our clothes got drenched, but it just added to the adventure. I can't wait to live in New York and experience rainy days there more often.
Another beautiful thing about rainy days: the accesories. Rain boots are such a huge symbol of happiness to me. Something about being able to trapeze through puddles at will, splishing and sploshing with no fear of soaking my feet just brings some inner giddiness to the surface. And how great are umbrellas? Seriously they're adorable and can actually really add a finishing touch to your cute rainy day outfit.
Everyone loves playing in the rain. Singing and dancing around. My friends and I do it fairly often and its a blast. It reminds you of simpler times, because in a sense rain is a simple pleasure of life. Which is what this blog is all about - finding the simple things in life that make you undeniably happy and getting back to that simpler side. Rain is happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment